Loaded Baked French Toast Cups
Amazing combination of Breakfast Classics, where Salty meets Sweet & all meld together into a Recipe of Morning Magic.
Author: David, A Bachelor & His Grill
- 6-8 Slices Cinnamon Bread Cut into 1/2" Squares
- 6 Ounces Sausage Sliced (Pictured: Al Fresco Jalapeno Chicken Sausage)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Salted Walnuts Coarsely Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries sub Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Low-Fat ½ and ½
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Plus Additional for Topping
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar Plus Additional for Topping
- Optional: Maple Syrup for Topping not shown
Pre-Heat Oven to 375F.
In a Skillet over Medium Heat, Cook Sausage for 5-7Minutes, or until just cooked through.
Remove from Heat, drain Fat/Grease from Sausage, pat dry & set aside to cool.
In small Bowl combine Eggs, 1/2and1/2, Vanilla, Cinnamon & Nutmeg.
Whisk together all Ingredients until well combined & set aside.
In separate Large Bowl toss together Dry Ingredients - Bread, Sausage, Walnuts & Cranberries.
In Cupcake Tin, coat with Non-Stick Spray or Paper Liners.
Load Cups with Dry Ingredient Mixture, filling above the Brim.
Pour Egg Mixture evenly over Dry Ingredients, distributing evenly between Cups.
Dust Tops of French Toast Cups with Cinnamon & Sugar.
Place in Refrigerator for 30minutes, allowing Ingredients to set.
Pull from Refrigerator, Place in Oven & Bake for 20-25 Minutes, or until tops are Golden Brown in color & Eggs cooked through.
Remove from Oven & allow French Toast Cups to rest in Tin for 3-5 minutes.
Plate, sprinkle with additional Cinnamon/Sugar (to taste), & Serve with warm Maple Syrup.
Enjoy. Smile. Make your day GREAT!