A Bachelor & His Grill‘s Sex on a Grill: Stuffed. Bacon-Wrapped. Grilled Chicken Breast. This Recipe is 7 different kinds of Amazing & the undisputed Creme dela Creme of Grilled Chicken Recipes!
Sex on a Grill 2.0: Stuffed & Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Chicken Breast
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- 3 Large Portabello Mushroom Caps rinsed and stems removed
- 1 Large Vidalia Onion sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3-4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic peeled and minced
- Coarse Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8 Ounces Goat Cheese
- 12-16 Strips Hardwood Smoked Bacon 3-4 per Breast
- 12-16 Wooden Toothpicks soaked in water for 20 minutes before using
- Preheat the grill to medium high, ensuring the grates are clean and well-oiled.
- Put the portobello mushrooms and onions in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic to the mushrooms and onions, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper and tossing to coat evenly.
- Lay the seasoned mushrooms, stem-side up, and onions on the grill, grilling each 4-6 minutes per side.
- Remove both from the grill, chop roughly and splash with balsamic vinegar. Set aside to cool completely.
- Cut into the side of the chicken, creating a deep pocket inside the breast, with caution to not pierce through or butterfly the meat.
- Gently, but liberally, stuff the chicken with cheese, followed by grilled veggies.
- Lay 3-4 bacon strips per breast on a cutting board, one next to another with no spaces.
- Place the stuffed breasts over the bacon strips, tightly rolling and wrapping the chicken.
- Insert water-soaked toothpicks through bacon, securing the wrapping.
- Grill for 15-20 minutes over indirect heat, rotating every 5-7 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Pull the chicken from the grill, set on a cutting board, tent with foil and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and ENJOY!
You may want to render the fat from bacon in advance of grilling to decrease the likelihood of flare-ups and burned chicken. Simply fry the bacon on the stove until it renders its grease but while it's still pliable enough to wrap around the chicken. Recommendation: If using a charcoal grill, slant the coals to one side and cook the chicken indirectly on the cooler portion of the grill (you may need to adjust cooking times accordingly).