Prosciutto-Wrapped Grilled Asparagus
Servings: 2 -4
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- 1 pound asparagus
- 8-12 slices prosciutto
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated, to garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat grill to medium high.
- Trim tough, bottom ends off asparagus.
- Add garlic to olive oil & brush onto asparagus spears.
- Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Slice prosciutto lengthwise into strips & wrap each asparagus spear.
- Grill over indirect heat for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until prosciutto begins to crisp.
- Remove from grill, allow to rest for 2-3minutes, & serve hot.
When buying fresh asparagus, look closely at the stalks. If they appear wrinkled or shriveled - do not purchase. No matter your culinary skill, they’ll be tough & fibrous. Firm, deep green, thick stalks are best. Prosciutto is an Italian ham & kissing neighbor to the American South’s country ham. It’s usually sliced paper-thin & best located at the deli counter of your local butcher.