Dear insomniacs, early birds & those not sleeping off Saturday night hangover… This coming Sunday I am LIVE on ABC Television sharing my favorite man-tastic Super Bowl recipes & partaking in a bit of fun with my friends @ WZZM13!
A Bachelor & His Grill & Jennifer Pasqua / Alana Nehring to the rescue… Saving you from hoards of deep-fried, greasy / fatty foods on Superbowl Sunday!! SLIM DOWN @ next Sunday’s Footbal Party with the most incredible, mouth-watering, & man-tastic Roasted Blue Cheese-Stuffed Buffalo Meatballs!
Stamped with a good-as-gold-teeth-guarantee, these mini bites of Heaven start with Omaha Steaks premium boneless chicken breasts which are cubed, ground, & mixed with a farmer’s market of produce, then packed with a roundhouse kick of heat + a touch of sweet, stuffed with a cool, blue cheese cream, then roasted smoky, savory, clean, lean & mean!
This dish is 30minutes pan to plate, nearly fool-proof & the perfect finger-food appetizer for Game Day. Oh, and for you math majors out there… these rolled balls of poultry contain 10.7X the all-natural flavor, ZERO preservatives or additives, & ~4.2 billion less calories than those traditional deep-fried, greasy chicken wings!
5-Step success to crazy amazing meatballs:
1. Get your pretty hands dirty & mash together all ingredients, except blue cheese.
2. Form meat mixture into balls & stuff with cheese.
3. Sear buffalo balls over heavy bottom skillet for 3-5 minutes.
4. Roast seared balls in oven for 15-20minutes, or until 160○F internal temp.
5. Remove from oven & toss meatballs in buffalo sauce, serve, devour & accept rave reviews from family, friends & (in)significant others.
So, crack open a brewski, grab a big handful of buffalo balls & rock ‘n roll that Superbowl Fiesta. Like a Boss!
For LIVE TV segment, recipe & step-by-step, click link below. Keep warm. Stay hungry. Drink up. Roast on!
FEATURED RECIPE SNEAK PEEK: A Bachelor & His Grill‘s, “Blue Cheese-Stuffed Buffalo Wing Meatballs”!
Blue Cheese-Stuffed Buffalo Wing Meatballs
- 32 oz Omaha Steaks Boneless Chicken Breast cut in 1" cubes & ground
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup A Bachelor & His Grill's "Sweet & Spicy Buffalo Sauce" (recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz blue cheese cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Sweet & Spicy Buffalo Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Green onion finely chopped
- Optional A Bachelor & His Grill's, "Cool & Creamy Blue Cheese Dip"
- Optional A Bachelor & His Grill's, "Avocado-Greek Yogurt Dip"
- Pre-heat oven to 400○F.
- Slice chicken breast into 1" cubes, toss in food processor & pulse until ground. Set aside.
- In heavy bottom sauce pan over medium heat, stir together butter, hot sauce & honey. After 3-5 minutes, turn heat to lowest setting & cover.
- In large bowl hand mix ground chicken, prepared onion, celery & carrot, garlic powder, egg whites, bread crumbs & 1/4 cup buffalo sauce.
- Divide meat mixture into 32 equal parts by separating in half, then each half in 1/4, then again in 1/4. Roll each into a small ball.
- In center of each ball stuff ~1/2oz blue cheese & reform ball sealing cheese.
- In large skillet over medium heat bring to simmer 2 tablespoons oil & lay down stuffed meatballs, searing exterior for 3-5 minutes, or until just golden brown.
- Remove from skillet & set balls over a non-stick cooling rack. Place cooling rack over a lined baking sheet, then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until internal temp reached 160○F.
- Remove meatballs from oven & rest for 2-3 minutes before gently setting in pan with simmering buffalo sauce - spooning sauce to coat meatballs.
- Cover pan & simmer on low heat, basting intermittently with sauce, until prepared to serve.
- Season to taste, pin each ball with toothpicks, garnish with green onion, & serve.