Grilled Maple-Ginger Sweet Potato Fries
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- 4-6 large sweet potatoes sliced lengthwise in 1/8s
- 3-4 shallots finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil plus additional for basting
- Kosher salt & fresh ground peppercorn to taste
- Maple-Ginger Glaze:
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger root minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Kick on radio & turn up great music. Crack open ice cold brewski.
- Prepare glaze consisting of maple, brown sugar, canola, ginger, cinnamon, minced garlic, paprika, cayenne, a pinch of kosher salt. Set aside.
- Chop sweet potatoes lengthwise & finely slice shallots. Brush with canola oil, season with salt & peppercorn.
- Set grill to medium-high heat & commence drinking a beer while talking about dude-type things.
- Lay potatoes & shallots over direct heat, close lid & sear, turning every 2-3 minutes.
- In final 10 minutes of grilling baste intermittently with glaze until exterior of taters caramelize, while interior is tender & cooked through.
- Remove from grill, brush one final time with glaze, season additionally to taste & allow to rest 5-10 minutes on wire cooling rack.
- Serve. Eat. Drink. And, stand proudly amongst your people - You are the undisputed master of your culinary domain.