Spiced Meyer Lemon Cream Cheese Muffins
Servings: 12 -18 Muffins
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Zest and juice of one large Meyer Lemon plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 knob butter room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese light or low-fat
- Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375○F.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & spices. In separate mixing bowl whisk together egg, oil, milk, vanilla & lemon. In third mixing bowl beat together sugar, butter & cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add egg mixture to dry ingredients. Fold in cream cheese mixture & stir until all ingredients are evenly incorporated, yet texture remains slightly lumpy.
- Pour batter evenly amongst lined muffin cups. Place loaded muffin tin in oven & bake for 15-20 minutes, or until muffins golden brown & tooth pick removes cleanly. Remove from oven & cool over rack for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze by whisking together confectioner's sugar & lemon juice. Brush over tops of warm muffins & serve.