Beer+OJ+Vodka = Winter White MANmosas
MANMOSA > mimosa
Mi-Mosa = 1:1 Orange Juice & Dry Sparkling Champagne + Splash of Grand Mariner. Garnish with a finely sliced twist of orange peel. Consume by tilting champagne glass to mouth with pinky finger daintily extended.
MANMOSA = 2:1 Hefeweizen or Witbier & Orange Juice + 1 shot of Citrus Vodka. Garnish with a plate of sizzling bacon gristle, ‘Merican taters, & fried eggs. Consume one mug at a time with all fingers applied firmly around said mug.
Simple enough, right? Now. The key to a phenomenal Manmosa is a true unfiltered, Bavarian-style wheat beer with yeast still present. No alternate supplemented variety of beer will work. To best explain the differences between Hefeweizen & Witbier, allow me to direct you to THIS ARTICLE posted by BrewRambler – Fantastic read.
A few of my favorite Hefeweizen Brews:
1. Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier
2. Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb
3. Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizen
4. Arbor Brewing Company Bavarian Bliss
5. Pyramid Ales Hefeweizen
CHEERS & LONG LIVE THE LONG WEEKEND – BOTTOMS UP!
Winter White Manmosas
- 12 ounces hefeweizen or witbier
- 4-6 ounces orange Juice
- 2 ounces citrus vodka
- Orange slices to garnish
- Pour vokda, then orange juice in ice cold mug. Slowly fill to brim with beer. Serve. Drink. Repeat.