Lights. Camera. ACTION!
This Superbowl Fiesta is ready to Rock ‘n Roll, as I share 3 of my favorite big game recipes.
Appetizer 1. Beef Wellington-inspired, seared New York strip bites with sautéed portobello pâté loaded in toasted phyllo cups & dressed with blue cheese crumble & green onion. One word summary = Amazing!
Appetizer 2. Caprese Skewers with Stout Balsamic Reduction. Simple, but fantastic party app with sweet cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella & basil, & all drizzled with a balsamic reduction made with Founders Brewing Co – Tap Room craft beer!
Appetizer 3: If the kitchen goes up in smoke & all to Hell in a handbag – Pretzels & Brews are your next best alternative! But, be warned – Those arriving to my party with garbage domestic beers are NOT allowed! Buy local. Drink Grand Rapids craft beer! I’ll share 3 of my Favorites brews!
Stay hungry. Keep warm. Party on! -David
Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Stout Reduction
- 16 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves stems removed
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cubed
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Olive oil optional
- 20-30 large wooden tooth picks
- Stout Balsamic Reduction
- 12 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 6 oz Founder's Brewery Imperial Stout Beer plus 1 additional bottle stout beer
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Bring the balsamic vinegar, stout, & sugar to a low simmer in a heavy-bottom saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir occasionally for 20-25 minutes, or until the mixture is reduced to 1 cup & syrup-like in consistency. Set aside & allow to cool, until needed.
- Meanwhile, drink remaining contents of opened stout beer. When finished, recyle your bottle, then open additional bottle of stout beer & savor that flavor.
- Skewer on each toothpick the prepared tomatoes, mozzarella & basil.
- -Garnish with olive oil, salt & pepper, to taste, & drizzling of balsamic stout reduction.