Seared Eggplant and Pomegranate Mediterranean Salad
Servings: 2 -4
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- 2 black eggplants sliced thick
- 1 gallon warm water
- 1/4 cup table salt
- Olive oil
- 2-4 cloves Garlic minced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground peppercorn to taste
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pine nuts salted & dry roasted
- Mint leaves chopped, plus additional to garnish
- Green spring onion chopped
- Feta crumbled
- Lemon zest 1 lemon
- Preheat grill to high.
- Fill a large pot with warm water & salt. Stir. Then, for 20 minutes, submerge eggplant so just covered in water:salt solution. Remove from water.
- Over cooling rack, lightly brush both sides of eggplant with olive oil & season liberally with salt, ground peppercorn & garlic. Rest 5 minutes before grilling, allowing eggplant to absorb flavors.
- Over direct heat, sear eggplant 5-6 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat & chop eggplant slices into thick cubes.
- Toss all ingredients together in large salad bowl. Elevate with lemon zest. Season additionally with salt & ground peppercorn, to taste. Garnish with additional mint leaves. Serve warm.