What better time of the season to begin consideration of tossing a veggie or 2 onto your backyard barbeque?! Particularly as our summer of burgers, steaks, chips & dips wind down & we take a glance south, maybe noticing an extra inch or 2 of added circumference to our midsections!: )
Well… kick back, turn up the sweet sounds of Mr. Boss & set your gaze upon 2 of my very favorite outdoor cooking, vegan recipes. Both recipes I love for several reasons… And, more recently have found themselves in regular rotation at my lakeside parties. Not only for their use of fresh herbs, seasonings & all natural ingredients, but for their contrast in flavors & BIGTIME BITE!
And… heck, I have guests to please… Sadly, NOT everyone loves a tender rack of baby backs slathered in copious amounts of luscious, caramelized bourbon barbeque sauce, or 32 ounce t-bones encrusted & grilled to medium-rare, mouth-watering perfection, or smokey, prosciutto-wrapped chicken breasts stuffed with roasted garlic, herbs & creamy goat cheese.
Sounds crazy, right??!
Well. Dietary differences aside… To get these recipes just perfect. Follow meticulously, these 5 best practices for the most incredible grilled maple-ginger sweet potato fries & garden sun veggie burger with ginger-honey mustard aioli. Cheers!
- Both recipes were authored & photographed for Omaha Steaks & their amazing online resource, SteakBytes. Click photos for simple, step-by-step instruction for each recipe!
- Surround yourself with family, friends & others who are not a-holes or a general drag on life.
- Kick on radio & turn up great music – preferably something circa 1983-88.
- Crack open an ice cold brewski, or 6. Preferably, at least one for each hand.
- With precaution, brush, oil & whisper sweet nothings in close proximity to your grill grates. Then, remove your face from the cooking surface & crank temperature to high heat.
- Prepare food (Click photos for link to recipes!).
- Drink a beer while talking about man-sorta-things. And, if the opportunity presents itself, maybe check out your muscles in the reflection of a mirror or window, in a non-nonchalant, covert type-of-manner.
- Grill food.
- Serve. Eat. Drink. Repeat… Until neither physically and / or socially acceptable.
Stand proudly amongst your people. You are the undisputed master of your culinary domain!