A Bachelor & His Grill‘s Avocado-Mango Salsa! A fresh citrus salsa twisted over the grill! I love how the searing heat caramelizes the Mango, while adding a slight smokiness to the tender, creamy flesh of the Avocado. This is an ideal summer side to both lighten & kick up your Backyard BBQ!
Grilled Avocado-Mango Salsa
- 2 cups tomatoes diced
- 1/2 medium white onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno minced
- Juice of 1 lime plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 avocado halved and seed removed
- 1 mango halved and seed removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Cumin to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Combine the tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, juice of one lime and vinegar.
- Score the cut sides of both the avocado and mango, then brush with a mixture of the canola oil and the reserved 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Grill the avocado and mango for 3-4 minutes, turning a quarter turn after 60-90 seconds and removing from heat once cross-hatch grill marks are in place.
- Discard the skin and chop the seared avocado and mango. Combine with the other vegetables.
- Season to taste with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes, drain any excess liquid and serve.