Grilled Cinnamon & Cayenne Sweet Potato Fries
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Coarse salt & ground black peppercorn to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 & grill to HOT.
- Bake whole potato on oven rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Pull potato from oven & cut potatoes length-wise in 1/8s.
- In medium bowl toss potato fries with oil & seasonings, until coated liberally.
- Lay slices of sweet potato over direct, high heat.
- Grill each side for 3-4 Minutes, or until Char marks well defined, basting intermittently with additional oil.
- Pull from grill & rest for 3-5 minutes on wire cooling rack. Plate. Season additionally to taste. Devour.
Soy Honey Glaze
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Low-Sodium Soy SauceStatus
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Canola Oil
- 1 Pinch Ground Ginger
- In Small Mixing Bowl, Whisk all Ingredients.
- In Sauce Pan over Medium Heat, bring Soy/Honey Sauce to a simmer.
- Reduce until syrup-like in consistency.
- Remove from Heat, allow to cool for 2 minutes, & drizzle over Sweet Potatoes.