Grilled Corn and Edamame-Heirloom Tomato Salad
Grilled Corn Edamame & Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 6 Ears of corn husks removed
- 2 Cups edamame ie. shelled soy beans
- 2 Cups heirloom tomatoes sliced
- 1 Cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 Cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 Jalapeno minced
- 1-2 Garlic cloves minced
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons lime juice + zest of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- Coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-Heat Grill to Medium/Hot.
- Remove husk from corn & soak in pot of warm salt water for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop, dice & mince vegetables and herbs to ingredient instruction above.
- Brush corn with 2 tablespoons olive oil & season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Grill corn for 12-15 minutes, turning intermittently, until evenly charred.
- Over a large bowl cut kernels from the grilled corn.
- Toss all remaining ingredients into the charred corn, season to taste with salt & pepper, and garnish with basil leaves.
- Serve. Spoon into your face. Consume. Enjoy.
Optional: Use Skewers as a means to more easily managing your corn over the Grates of your Grill.
Note: If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for 20 minutes prior to use.