Sicilian Blood Orange Spring Salad
Servings: 2 -4
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- 2 blood oranges peeled and sliced into medallions
- 2 navel oranges peeled and sliced into medallions
- 2 Tangerines peeled and sliced into medallions
- 6-8 large medjool dates seeded and rough chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos seeded and finely chopped
- Fresh leaves of mint and basil
- Feta goat cheese crumbled
- Splash of lime juice and olive oil plus additional olive oil for roasting pecans
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and fresh ground peppercorn to taste
- Prepare oranges, tangerines, dates and peppers, per instruction above.
- Toss pecans in olive oil, sea salt and a dusting of cinnamon. Spread the nuts over a lined baking sheet in a single layer, dry roasting in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes at 400F, or until golden brown. Remove from heat & set aside to completely cool.
- To plate - In carpaccio-style, spread oranges and tangerines over serving dish. Splash with olive oil and lime juice. Dress with prepared dates, peppers, roasted pecans, basil and mint, and crumbled feta cheese. Season to taste. Serve. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.