2 Recipes/Photos from A Bachelor & His Grill were presented in Examiner.com TODAY!! The Article is entitled, “Chocolate Indulgence,” authored by the amazing, Kari Engels, whom you ALL know from… Celebrating Home with Karie Engels. Such an HONOR to be included in her Article. THANK YOU, Kari!!
CLINK LINK FOR ARTICLE, PHOTOS, & RECIPES… And PLEASE take a moment to show some LOVE to Kari!!!
15 WORST FAST FOOD / GROCERY BREAKFAST ALTERNATIVES:
ATROCIOUS FAST FOOD ALTERNATIVES (I USE THE TERM “ALTERNATIVE” LIGHTLY):
1. MCDONALD’S SAUSAGE MCGRIDDLE: 560 cal, 32g of fat, & ~0 nutritional value. YUMMY!!
2. BK’s HASH BROWN: 620 cal, 40g fat, 1200mg sodium, & enough grease to choke a donkey!
3. CINNA-BUN ROLL: 813 cal, 32g fat, 65% saturated fat, 117g carbs. p.s. did i mention sugar?!
4. THOMAS BLUEBERY BAGEL: 465 cal, 21g fat, & a salt-block worth of sodium!
5. MCDONALDS DLX BRKFST: 1360 cal, 64g fat, & 160g carbs! i’m feeling saturated just typing. :(
6. BOB EVANS’ STUFFED PANCAKES: 1543 cal, 77g fat, 2259mg sodium, 198g carbs, 109g sugar?!!
7. DENNY’S FRENCH TOAST: 770 cal, 71g fat, 107g garbage carbs!! How do they sleep at night???!!!
8. PANERA SPINACH EGG SOUFFLE: 570 cal, 37g fat, 36g carbs, 990mg sodium. what is this??!
9. DUNKIN’ DONUTS OMLETTE BAGEL: 730 cal, 31g fat, 76g carbs, 1870mg sodium?!!!!
10. JAMBA JUICE P.B. MOO’D: 800 cal, 21g fat, 131g carb. sounds like a glass of mayonaise!!
TERRIBLE GROCERY ALTERNATIVES (NOTED PER SERVING – READ BOX CAREFULLY):
1. JOHNSONVILLE ORIGINAL SAUSAGE: 170 cal, 15g fat, 680mg sodium (ie. packaged fat).
2. YOPLAIT 99% 0-FAT CHERRY: 170 cal, 1.5g fat, 27g of un-natural / processed sugars!!
3. SPUNKYMEYER BANANA MUFFINS: 460 cal, 22g fat, 32g sugar. loosen the belt after this muffin.
4. AUNT JEMIMA ORIGINAL PANCAKE: 250 cal, 9g fat, 10g sugar. p.s. butter/syrup not included.
5. QUAKER LOW-FAT GRANOLA CEREAL: 315 cal, 4.5g fat, 27g sugar. low-fat/wholesome?!!
WHY AGAIN IS IT THAT WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY WITH EXPONENTIALLY INCREASING RATES OF HEART DISEASE, CANCERS, GENERAL PROPENSITY TO SICKNESS, OBESITY, ETC.? I’M SURE THERE ARE SEVERAL CONTRIBUTING VARIABLES, BUT I CAN’T IMAGINE ONE OF THOSE FACTORS BEING THE CONSTANT BARRAGE OF PROCESSED, GENETICALLY-MODIFIED, ADDITIVE / PRESERVATIVE-LOADED ‘FOOD-PRODUCTS’ SHOVED DOWN THE POPULATION’S THROATS 24/7/365.
-4 Cups Kashi Go Lean
-2 Cup Puffed Brown Rice Cereal
-5 Cups Mini Marshmellows
-1/4 Cup Butter
-1 Cup Blueberry Craisins
-1 Cup Pecans (chopped)
METHOD to the MADNESS:
-Pre-Heat Oven to 350 Degrees.
-On a Cookie Pan sprayed w/ Non-Stick Spray, spread evenly the Puffed Rice & Peacans.
-Place Pan in Oven for 5-7minutes, or until Puffed Rice turns GOLDEN Brown in Color.
-Pull from Oven & Pour into a Large Mixing Bowl w/ the Kashi & Blueberry Craisins.
-In a Large Sauce Pan over Medium Heat, deposit Butter, & then fill Pan w/ Marshmellows.
-Stir Consistently for 4-5minutes while the Marshmellows melt w/ the Butter.
-Remove from Heat once Marshmellow mixture is Smooth.
-Slowly Stir Marshmellows into the Large Mixing Bowl, containing the Cereals & Pecans/Crasins.
-Once ALL Ingredients are evenly distributed, use a Spatula to fill a Baking Pan/Dish.
-Spread Marshmellow/Cereal Mixture across Pan/Dish equally.
-Cover Pan/Dish & Set inside of Refrigerator for 30-45min of cooling.
-FINALLY… Pull from the Refrigerator, Slice, Dice, & Take these MESSY Morsels of Deliciousness BEHIND THE WOODSHED for a QUICK LESSON ON WHO’s THE BOSS!!
FEW BRIEF RECOMMENDATIONS:
-VERY easy to OVERcook Rice in Step 1… Once Golden Brown, IMMEDIATELY pull BOTH Rice & Pecans from the Oven. Rice will CONTINUE to Brown slightly after removing from HEAT.
-Lick EVERY LAST MORSEL of the Melted Marshmellow which doesn’t make it from the Spatula into the Final Serving Pan/Dish.
-Clean Pans/Spatulas IMMEDIATELY after cooking. Hardened Marshmellow is NOT your Friend.
THE COUNT (entire batch):
Calories: 2745. Fat: 98g. Carbohydrates: 457g. Sugar: 236g. Protein: 64g
Listen… NO ONE is going to place blame if you SCARF DOWN a Serving Size reserved for a Family of 4, but I recommend practicing a BIT of SELF-CONTROL. I know, I know… The dish is CRAZY SCRUMPTIOUS… I understand. But, the Caloric Count does NOT support your inate desire to WOODSHED a FULL BATCH like Takeru Kobayashi or Joey Chestnut. That said, if you choose to BODY SLAM the ENTIRE BATCH… Work OFF those Calories w/ One of the following EXERCISE regimine:
-3hrs of Running @ 6:30/Mile Pace.
-3hrs/20minutes of Biking @ 19mile/Hr Pace.
-4.5hrs of Jump Rope at 180 Revolutions/Minute.
p.s. YOU HAVE 11MONTHS TO GET BACK ON TRACK WITH THOSE NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS… DIG IN MY FRIENDS!! :)
ABOUT LIVE FIRE REPUBLIC
TUNE INTO THE LATEST NATIONAL TELEVISION APPEARANCE
LIKE AND FOLLOW ON FACEBOOK
1 hour ago
And the people said, AMEN!!
Courtesy: @hornbarbecue #livefirerepublic #feedme #grill #grilling #bbq #barbecue #smoke #smoking #churrasco #ribs #brisket #steak #beef #carne #beer #pork #chicken #meat #dreams #goals #bucketlist #carnivore #paleo #weekend #foodgasm #heaven #foodporn #firemakeseverythingbetter ... See MoreSee Less
6 hours ago
Freshly-harvested coho salmon. Rubbed in an earthy blend of chipotle peppers and sweet paprika, toasted cumin, roasted garlic and onion, pink peppercorn and an aromatic garden of finely chopped herbs. Smoked to flaky, tender perfection, then caramelized in a blend of brown sugar and wildflower honey, and finished with the zest of meyer lemon and orange. Best served alongside friends, family and two handfuls of ice cold amber ale!! -Cheers, David
#livefire #cheflife #seafood #pescatarian #paleo #keto #salmon #cohosalmon #coho #fish #fishing #bbq #barbecue #barbeque #grill #grilled #grilling #myfoodeatsyourfood #outdoorcooking #firecooking #livefirecooking #firemakeseverythingbetter
🔥🔥🔥 #livefirerepublic @livefirerepublic 🔥🔥🔥 ... See MoreSee Less