Roasted Asparagus & Sweet Potatoes with Homemade Bacon Bits
- 1 Pound Fresh Asparagus Root Ends Trimmed
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes Peeled & Diced
- 8-10 Strips Thick Center-Cut Bacon
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Olive
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Pinch Cayenne or to Taste
- Coarse Salt & Fresh Ground Peppercorn to Taste
- Shaved Parmesan to Garnish
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400F.
- Lay Strips of Bacon over Baking Sheet & Roast for 12-15 minutes, or until crispy.
- Pull Bacon from Oven & allow Bacon to cool over Paper Towel.
- In Food Processor pulse cooled Bacon for a few seconds & set aside.
- In Small Mixing Bowl toss Sweet Potatoes, Cinnamon, Sugar, Nutmeg, 2T Olive Oil, Salt/Pepper, & Cayenne, to taste.
- On a lined Baking Sheet, in a single layer, spread seasoned Sweet Potatoes.
- Place in Oven for 20-25 Minutes, turning Potatoes after 15minutes, baking until tender with slightly crisp exterior.
- Pull Sweet Potatoes from Heat & set aside to cool.
- While Sweet Potatoes baking, in shallow Glass Baking Dish spread Asparagus evenly, in a single layer.
- Drizzle 1 1/2T Olive Oil over Asparagus, add Garlic, Salt/Pepper, & toss to ensure even coating.
- Roast Asparagus uncovered in Oven for ~12-15 minutes, or until Asparagus just tender, stirring intermittently in Olive Oil/Garlic.
- Remove Asparagus from Oven & toss with Lemon Juice.
- To Plate, lay Roasted / Seasoned Asparagus over serving dish, top with Sweet Potatoes, then Bacon, Shaved Parmesan, & additional Seasonings, to Taste.
- Serve Warm & Enjoy!