The perfect pairing for your Summer of Bikinis & Board Shorts = Guilt-Free Grilling! A Bachelor & His Grill‘s Sesame-Encrusted & Seared Sashimi-Grade Ahi Tuna Steaks over Grilled Avocado-Mango Salsa! Fresh. Gorgeous. Loaded with clean proteins, healthy fats, complex carbohydrates, & Tons of amazing flavor/texture contrast. To boot… Prep to Plate in less than 15 minutes!
Sesame Encrusted & Seared Ahi Tuna Steaks
- 2 ahi tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Mix the olive oil and sesame oil in a small basting bowl, then liberally brush the tuna steaks.
- Toss both black and white sesame seeds in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Press the tuna steaks into the sesame seeds, covering all sides of the fish.
- Grill the tuna, searing the fish on all sides for 45 seconds to 2 minutes, creating grill marks but leaving the interior of the fish medium rare.
- Remove from the grill, season with additional salt and pepper to taste, slice and serve the tuna with grilled avocado-mango salsa and summer greens.