Smoked pork belly and poblano chili with BUSH’S® Country Style Baked Beans, dressed with BUSH’S Black and Kidney Beans. A sweet, savory and spicy southwestern-inspired dish to serve alongside any hearty main.
Smoked Pork Belly Baked Beans
- 3 lbs pork belly, trimmed and scored in crosshatch fashion
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black peppercorn
- 1 tsp roasted granulated garlic
- 3-4 poblano peppers
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 cans (28oz) BUSH's Country Style Baked Beans
- 1 can (15oz) BUSH's Black Beans
- 1 can (16oz) BUSH's Kidney Beans
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Score both sides of pork belly. Season liberally with olive oil, kosher salt, peppercorn, and garlic. Position skin side up on baking sheet lined with cooling rack. Place in smoker at about 250F for 2 hours, untouched. Turn heat to 350F, basting intermittently with pork belly drippings from pan. Cooking until internal temperature reaches165F. Remove from heat, cool 10 minutes, chop and set aside.Ignite wood fire. Once embers ash over and smoke thins, char poblanos over direct heat until tender. Peel skin, remove seeds, finely dice and set aside.In 12-14” cast iron skillet, drizzle 2-3 tablespoons pork belly drippings from pan. Warm over wood fire. Toss in red onion and both peppers, sauté until onion is translucent and peppers are tender. Fold in BUSH’S Country Style Baked Beans, Black Beans and Kidney Beans. Add chopped pork belly. Stir to combine.Cook over fire, stirring regularly, until sauce is bubbly and desired thickness is achieved. Remove from heat. Garnish with fresh herbs. Let cool 5-10 minutes. Serve!