Stuffed & Roasted Medjool Dates
Servings: 4 -6
- 12 Large Medjool Dates Sliced & Pitted
- 4-6 Ounces Pistachios Salted / Shelled & Coarsely Chopped
- 4 Ounces Blue Cheese Crumbled
- 6-8 Strips Thick Center-Cut Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Reduction Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375F.
- Lay Strips of Bacon over Baking Sheet & Roast for 12-15 minutes, or until extra crispy.
- Pull Bacon from Oven & allow Bacon to cool over Paper Towel.
- In Food Processor pulse together Cooled Bacon, Blue Cheese Pistachios, & Olive Oil.
- Intermittently scrap sides of Food Processor, folding back into Mix, pulse until well-combined & desired consistency achieved.
- Liberally stuff Dates with newly formed Bacon/Cheese/Pistachio Mix.
- Place stuffed Dates upon a lined Baking Sheet & in Oven for 15-20 minutes, or until Cheese is slightly melted & Dates tender.
- Remove Stuffed Dates from Oven & lay over Cooling Rack.
- Meanwhile, in a Saucepan over Medium-High Heat, bring to a low simmer Balsamic, Sugar, & Honey, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes, or until reduced to 1/3 Cup.
- Remove Balsamic Reduction from Heat & allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Plate the Stuffed Dates, Drizzle with Balsamic Reduction, Serve & ENJOY!