A Bachelor & His Grill’s Herb-Encrusted & Seared Lamb Chops! Conceptually sophisticated, yet simple in preparation & execution. The perfect date night recipe for 2. Lite. Tender. Gorgeous cuts of seared medium-rare lamb. Bold, earthy, & smoky flavors. All plated over a light tossed salad of fresh Spring Greens & Balsamic Glaze.
Seared Rosemary-Mint Lamb Chops
- 8-12 lamb chops
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus additional for basting
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine the mint, rosemary, thyme, garlic and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a food processor, pulsing to create a marinade. Season to taste with salt, pepper & cayenne.
- Brush lamb chops with dijon mustard, then place in an air-tight container and pour marinade over the chops.
- Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling, brining chops back towards room temperature.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Grill the lamb chops for 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare; 5-6 minutes per side for medium, basting occasionally with olive oil.
- Remove the chops from the grill when the internal temperature is 135 degrees for medium-rare or 145 degrees for medium.
- Tent under tin foil for 3-5 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and serve with a garnish of mint leaves.