Sunday morning check-list:
1.Wake up. Much earlier than expected… after neglecting to turn off my weekly 615am alarm clock.
2. Lay in bed for 18 minutes, contemplating a host of life’s most significant & unanswered questions, such as:
2a. Do sheep get static cling when they rub against one another? I would think yes. But, then again, I’m not sure?
2b. Why do old dudes insist upon spending hours, naked as jay birds in gym lockerooms?! Enough already. Get your workout & go home. No naked lingering.
2c. Has anyone ever, literally, killed 2 birds with a single stone?
2d. Is it possible to have an allergy to H2O?
2e. If Wile E. Coyote was of such wealth to purchase hoards of Acme Weapons… all in the name of hunger, why didn’t he just save a few billion bucks & buy dinner instead?
3. Create relative disaster of Kitchen – Elbow-deep in tweaking (NOT twerking – significant difference) new recipes.
4. Spread about words of culinary wisdom & inspiration… Good morning, Ms. Julia.
5. Gaze out window upon winter’s bitter chill, entirely convinced I shall remain dressed in PJs. All day.
6. Maintain work BlackBerry, unjustly, close at hand – It’s still the weekend, right?!
7. Unplug headphones & put surround sound on blast (Your welcome, Neighbors – I know we all love rocking a smidgeon of Huey Lewis & The News).
8. Conduct dietary winning – Devouring the photographed 5-minute magic in a mug – Baked Sweet Potato & Egg White Oatmeal.
NOTE: 225 Calories, 2g Fat, 35g Carbohydrates, & 17g Protein. BOOM!
9. Light laptop keyboard on fire with velocity at which my fingers load new recipes through this Bachelor’s Blog.
10. Brew freshly ground hazelnut coffee beans, consume copious amounts of caffeine, repeat & proceed onward to making a resplendent Sunday happen.
Sweet Potato Egg White Oatmeal – Breakfast Like a Boss
A hot, wholesome & delicious, protein-packed Breakfast on this gloomy, late fall morning. Outside, 40-70 mile per hour winds bearing down up on the shudders & shingles of my place, tornado warnings ring & the splendid natural glory of Michigan’s winter settles across the landscape. Yes, this is actually the condition of my surrounding environment. On the other hand, indoors by fireside, the weather is but a backdrop for a morning that has forced me into the warmth of this Bachelor’s kitchen. And, one-by-one, I devour these Mediterranean Lemon Yogurt Waffles, as if consuming the necessary volume of sustenance to last through a cold winter’s hibernation.
That said, these waffles are absolutely perfect for this chilly Sunday. Whole-grains, Greek yogurt, fresh lemons, orange blossom honey, almond & a lite dusting of sugar. Oh… and, a dollop (or 4) of pure northern Michigan maple syrup.
Now… beyond the warmth in my belly, I love these waffles for 3 reasons.
1. The recipe is easy breezy… Just whisk together 1 part whole wheat flour + 1 part Greek yogurt + 1 part this is the best thing I’ve ever put in my face before 10am. 2. These waffles are perfect for those that love their griddle cakes with a gentle, crisp & slightly caramelized exterior, while this slice of Heaven’s interior is light, fluffy & incredibly moist. 3. Loaded to the tilt with complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, & an imperial ton of protein, these bad boys are delivered from griddle to plate in less than 10min!! Oh… and, no 8-syllable preservatives, concentrated levels of super-saturated fats, bull $hit artificial flavors, &/or mercury-laden high fructose gmo corn syrup. A winner by all accounts!!
OK. Enough chit chat from this guy. Onward to get in where I fit in, articulate my temporomandibular joint in a fashion that supports smashing my mug around a second mantastic serving of this fantasticness, & then out to make a dynamite Sunday FUNday happen!
For this recipe, a bit of culinary debauchery & copious amounts of family-friendly, food-based pornography, click THIS LINK leading you back to the home page of my very favorite semi-dysfunctional food blog. Cheers!
David Olson is a nationally-recognized American Culinary Federation (ACF) Chef, television personality and social network influencer, award-winning recipe developer, live fire grill master, international adventurer, and the creator behind, “LiveFire Republic”…