A Bachelor & His Grill‘s “Turkey Cobb & Roasted Sweet Potato Wrap” offers a fresh twist on an old classic. I love this recipe following a Great Workout (Tons of Nutrients & Protein, with a healthy balance of Complex Carbohydrates & Natural Fats) or served alongside a crisp home-brewed Lemonade, as the key component of Weekend Brunch for 2 – Simple. Lite. Smoky, Savory, Salty & a touch Sweet. Gorgeous. Incredibly Delectable.
Turkey Cobb & Roasted Sweet Potato Wrap
- Whole-Grain Tortillas
- All-Natural Turkey Breast thinly sliced
- 8-10 Strips Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- Creamy Coleslaw homemade preferrable
- Smoked White Cheddar Cheese thinly sliced or shaved
- Spring Greens & Basil Leaves
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Peppercorn to Taste
- Sweet Potato Ingredients:
- 1-2 Sweet Potatoes peeled & cubed
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 pinch Granulated Sugar
- Coarse Salt & Fresh Ground Peppercorn to Taste
- Baking Bacon & Roasting Sweet Potatoes
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400F.
- Lay Bacon Strips over Baking Sheet & Roast in Oven 12-15 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove Bacon from Oven & allow to cool over Paper Towel.
- Meanwhile, in Small Mixing Bowl toss cubed Sweet Potatoes fwith Olive Oil, Garlic, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Salt/Pepper, & Cayenne.
- On a lined Baking Sheet, in a single layer, spread seasoned Sweet Potatoes.
- Place in Oven for 20-25 Minutes, turning Potatoes after 15minutes, baking until just tender with slightly crisp exterior.
- Pull Sweet Potatoes from Heat & set aside to cool.
- Preparing Turkey Cobb & Sweet Potato Wrap:
- Warm Tortillas in Oven for 1-2 minutes @ 400F.
- Remove Tortillas from Oven & lay flat over serving dish.
- Load with Arugula & Basil Leaves, then copious amounts of Turkey & Bacon, followed by Cheese, Roasted Sweet Potato & Cole Slaw.
- Season to taste, wrap tightly, pin with Tooth Picks & Serve!